Friday, March 15

Pope Jorge Mario Bergoglio’s Old Flame Reveals Why He Became A Pope

The childhood sweetheart of Pope Francis has revealed he entered the Church after she rejected his offer of marriage.

Amalia Damonte, 76, said her dad beat her after she received a love letter from Jorge Mario Bergoglio when they were both 12.

She told last night how a young Bergoglio had said to her — “If I can’t marry you, I will become a priest”.

Meanwhile, the pontiff’s last remaining sibling Maria Elena Bergoglio, 64, also revealed how her brother confessed he never wanted to become Pope.

She said: “He didn’t want to be Pope and when we chatted privately about it we joked at the prospect and he would say, ‘No, please no’.

“I didn’t want him to become Pope because he’s going to be very far away and second because it is such a large responsibility.

“But I am also totally proud that he is the new Pope – because he’s the first from outside Europe, because he’s Latin American, he’s Argentine and he”s my brother.”

Amalia was among former neighbors of the Pope from the run-of-the-mill Buenos Aires neighborhood where he grew up.

But her parents stamped out any blossoming romance.

She said: “He had drawn for me a house which had a red roof and said that it was the house he was going to buy for me when we were married.

“I never saw him after that – my parents kept me away from him and did everything possible to separate us.”

Source : The Sun


 

1 comment:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that,
    this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

    Here is my site - diet plans for women to lose weight fast

    ReplyDelete